Thursday, March 29, 2007

My education at Provincetown has given me the skill and tools to succeed on my SATs and because of my preparation from here, I have been accepted to all of the colleges to which I've applied .

Community Service Projects.

Teacher scouts and teacher mentors.

Along with the academic rigor, I've been taught the importance of making the choices that will will result in my attainment of my personal desires. There were times when I didn't want to work hard. I was allowed a semester to slack off. My couselour worked with me toward the end of this period. He pointed out that in life I can always choose to let life slip by, just like I'd done that semester, and that when I live that way, I will know that I'm getr, ing screwed by life instead of taking it by the horns. I reflected on how it felt And he was right. To get what I want , I need to live as if I am that person... Then I will be that person.

No comments: